Hi girls! No fancy post today just some updates on things around here...
Yesterday the boys and I went to see our cat Maxie at the vet (she's shown above, under our Christmas tree last year) and she was wrapped in a fuzzy green blanket with IV's in her and the cone hat around her head so she wouldn't rip out the IV. She hadn't eaten anything in a couple days. When they took the cone off her head she seemed to perk up a bit and began sniffing my oldest son Gavin, licking his forehead:) Then she was sniffing at the special soft food they had for her, which is what she will have to eat now for her kidney problems. And... she ATE some!! The vet called today and she was still similar to the past couple days, not too active and not eating for them. I sent Brian to go see her today 'cause that is "his" kitty; she loves her daddy so much! Come Monday, we will have to decide if we want to bring her home- keep her on meds, special food and possibly have to give her fluids under the skin. With her kidney's functioning at 30% only, is it fair to keep her hanging on and suffering? We can't imagine how it would be to make the "dreaded" decision! :( It will be very expensive for us to make all the special adjustments for her, not to mention frequent check ups at the vet. This is SO hard!! I feel sad for the boys who love her and are attached to her. Brian hasn't been himself the past couple days because he misses his snuggly kitty who follows him everywhere like a lil dog!
Then there is my dad... His surgery for the oral cancer is this Monday morning at 7:30 am; we are leaving tomorrow (my bro Andrew, dad and I) to head down to Indy, which is a 3 hour drive from where we live. The dr. told my dad they will be removing half of his tongue then taking skin graphs from his thigh to rebuild the tongue; he will be in Intensive Care for 2 days, then in the hospital for another possible 7-9 days. They want him to do chemo and radiation when he gets back home. He is expected to be out of work for 2 months for recovery. He told my mom he will walk me down the aisle at my wedding but doesn't think he will be able to be at the reception. So there will be no Father/Daughter dance for us. This makes me really sad and angry that BAD things happen to good people. For him not to have smoked or chewed tobacco, WHY does he have to endure this? CANCER is HORRIBLE!! My precious lil grandma who died from Cancer 4 summers ago never did a thing in her life to hurt anyone and the disease completely destroyed her! I just pray that my dad will recover and be cancer free!
This is such an emotional time for me now and the fact that its all happening with the wedding being just 4 weeks away is very stressful too.
I think that I am going to skip out on Scrapbook Sunday for the next couple weeks, just to be able to focus a bit more on all the things I need to do. I will be gone tomorrow through Tues/possibly Wednesday depending on how dad does after the surgery. I don't want to leave him there all alone and in a lot of pain.
I won't be posting for a few days but I will update you all on things when I get back.
Please keep them in your prayers for me!!
Thanks for being so wonderful to me ♥
~Noelle












16 comments:
((hugs)) hang in there. I know it's hard. :(
I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I'm praying for you, sweetie! Keep organizing and planning for the next 4 weeks but try to take one day at a time! ♥
Dear Noelle, please know that my prayers continue for your dad and the kitty. I know it's all worries that you didn't need right now, with the wedding just around the corner but unfortunately these things do happen and all we can do is take it one day at a time. It will be a shame if your dad can't stay for the reception but what a blessing if he can at least walk you down the aisle:-) As for the decision you need to make about the kitty...I've always believed if an animal is suffering then let it go. I know how hard it is but sometimes it's the right thing to do. Sending you big hugs xoxoxo
I'm so sorry Noelle that your world is upside down right now...you can only do one thing and that is take one day at a time. This too shall pass. Will be thinking of you.
hugs, Sue
Sorry to read about all the tough times you are having...I will keep you my prayers. A special prayer for your dad on Monday!
Sharon
Noelle
I hope the best for you. I seriously can't believe all that is happening. I will tell you your true blog friends will be there for you. The others are only around to see what you make or buy, they don't matter when you have a crisis they disappear! I know this well now!!!
Love,strength and prayers for you! Mom
I will keep your dad and your kitty in my thoughts. My uncle had oral cancer and had to have art of his tongue taken out as well. I know it can be a very stressful time, and with the wedding coming up you must be to your max, so I will keep you in my thoughts as well, and hope that everything comes together as it should for you and your family.
On Noelle, I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and your dad as you are on the road right now. You are in my prayers.
I am so sorry about your kitty too! Animals mean so much to us and it is just awful to see them suffer.
I feel so bad that all this is happening to you, this should be your happiest time!! Things will get better for you Noelle. You are a strong beautiful person!!
Love,
Amy
Hey Noelle,
You'll be in my prayers sweetie...it's all going to be okay. I'm so sorry that all of this is going on in your life. Just remember you are never alone...God is always there with you, caring about the things that trouble and concern you.
Big Hugs,
Queenie
Yes Life can be rather cruel sometimes...
But Just focus on your big day and Your Dad will fight all the harder I am sure to be there to walk you down the Isle.
Take Care:)
Oh Noelle! What a lot to think and worry about. I am so very sorry for your Father and your cat too. My cat looks a lot like that and I can't imagine dealing with the worry over him and your Dad. I'm sorry. :( Try to keep your chin up and just be the sweet person you always are and I know things are going to work out!
oh sweety...I am praying for you. Just know that somewhere in this crazy thing we call life - you have friends in cyber land who thinking of you and hoping that your family is safe and recovers quickly. stay strong.
xo
Hey sweetie ;o)
seems like i missed alot .You have many " bad " things happening when you don`t deserve it
I`m so sorry about your dad - i hope the surgery went well and i know he`ll recover enough to walk you down the aisle - he will want to do that and it will spur him onto get better for it .
Your poor kitty too - it will be a hard decision to let go - but probably the right one - i had to do it for my 17 yr old dog .
keeping you in my thoughts and prayers - and good things will follow ..
hugs
xoxo
Hang in there, girl! Praying for your daddy!
Hey Noelle, I saw this when it first came up and was just checkin' back to see if you had an updates. Guess it's too soon, you're probably still with your Dad. Hope all is going well with the Maxie and Dad. Prayers and love for you all♥
Post a Comment